Saturday, July 4, 2009

International Cosmo-Blogging Volume II: Greetings from the Azores!

Welcome to the second annual edition of "International Cosmo-Blogging," coming to you this year from the Azores!

Well, we're finally here! After months and months of anticipation and waiting, my sister Kaitlin and I are officially on a fabulous vacation in the Azores! As you can see from the map above, it was a pretty long trip. But there weren't any crying babies on our planes, we had plenty of time to make all of our connecting flights, and we even got bumped up to business class on the flight from London to Lisbon.

We just got in last night and I've already taken a few pictures that I wish I could share - but my suitcase didn't make it any farther than London. Kind of a bummer since all my clothes, shoes, swimsuits, makeup, contacts, and my camera's USB cord are in that bag. Hopefully I will be getting it back tonight and I can get on with my vacation in style.

Anyway, it is very beautiful here and I can't wait to get out and start seeing things. It's so nice to see my mom and Topaz (it's been almost a year!), and meet the new member of the family, a little black kitty named Lilly. Since today is the Fourth of July, I believe we are going to a barbeque at my mom's work tonight, so I can meet all of her coworkers and hopefully catch some fireworks.

Now, if you'll excuse me I've got some vacationing to do!

No comments: