Tuesday, March 18, 2008

International Cosmo-Blogging Part I: Guten tag aus Deutschland

I've been on Spring Break vacation in Germany for 4 days now and I'm having a great time. I am staying at my dad's place in Wiesbaden and since my blog is all about the living space, I thought I would talk a little about his apartment. It is in a very cool, old neighborhood about 5 minutes from downtown Wiesbaden, a city of about 300,000. The interior is beautiful, with hardwood floors and crown molding. And it is so nice having a house to come back to instead of a hotel while on vacation.



A little update on the vacation: so far, we have been very busy. On Saturday, my sister and her boyfriend came to visit while they were on vacation in Brussels and they joined me, my dad and stepmom when we went to visit the Denkmal statue memorial, looked at a bunch of castles along the Rhine River, and stopped at a cafe in the town Bacarus. Then, on Sunday we went to the Dom in Cologne, a giant 13th century church in which we had to climb 509 steps to get to the top! We then drove my sister and her boyfriend all the way back to Brussels. Yesterday, we took it a little easier. When my dad went into work, my stepmom and I walked into downtown Wiesbaden and did a little shopping. Here are some pictures I've taken:



The vineyards and the Rhine River by the Denkmal. We rode in gondolas to get the top of the hill where the statue was.


Kaitlin, my dad, and me in Bacarus.

The Dom church in Cologne. Yes, I hiked to the top of that thing! But the view from the top was definitely worth it.


So much driving around on the Autobahn!


Today, my dad and I are planning on going to Mainz to try to teach me how to drive a stick-shift. We'll see how that goes. And then on Wednesday, it's off to Berlin! More pictures to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hello dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I was looking as far as something that exact make. The prices as regards the boots were all over 350 dollars everwhere. But completely I found this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what is your opinion?