Monday, July 6, 2009

Looking for Dolphins

I've been in the Azores for two days and I finally have some pictures to share. I wish I could say that the weather has been better, but it has been absolutely pouring rain today. But hopefully it will just be for today, since our tour guide (my mom) had to go into the office today anyway. So here is what we have been up to.

We spent Saturday afternoon walking around Praia da Vitoria, a town just next door to the town where my mom lives, Fonte do Bastardo (translation: "fountain of the bastard).....
And we spent Sunday morning taking a dolphin hunting boat trip. Wait - that's dolphin watching. Unfortunately, the dolphins were feeling a little shy that day. We didn't see any, so we took a scenic tour around "Split Rock" (you'll see in the pictures) and the around the south-eastern coast of the island instead. Still fun!


1 comment:

Amir said...

Loved every street of praia.....did u climb up the small hillock i think known as "Facho" with a statue of Mary I guess!!