Friday, March 21, 2008

International Cosmo-Blogging Part II: Unser Heime im Berlin

My dad and I just got back from three days in Berlin, so I thought I would share a little about our home away from home in Berlin. We stayed for two nights at the NH AlexanderPlatz Hotel, located in the eastern section downtown Berlin. I really loved the styling of this hotel. It was very modern and clean. Something I'd love to do with my place if I were fabulously wealthy.
So, Berlin--was amazing. We left Wiesbaden on Wednesday morning and traveled by train for about 5 hours to get to Berlin. We rode in a first-class cabin and it was actually a very comfortable and relaxing trip.
After we checked into the hotel, we headed down to Museum Island, an area in Berlin packed with museums. First we went to the Pergamon Museum, where we saw the Ishtar Gate from ancient Babylon and an amazing frieze from a temple in Greece. We then headed to the Berliner Dom, a Lutheran cathedral with the largest crypt in Germany in its basement.
The next day, we took a great 4-hour walking tour around the city and visited the Altes Museum, where we saw many ancient Egyptian artifacts, including the famous Nefertiti bust.
On the last day, we went up in the Fernsehterum, a 203 meter high TV tower. The views of the city were incredible. Then we took the train back again. I think we did a good job of getting a lot of sight-seeing into just a few days.






And tomorrow, it's back to Wyoming. Back to my apartment and enough blogging about my travels. I'm sad to see my vacation end!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Meghan, I enjoyed reading about your trip. I hope to see more photos once you get home. Grandpa and I enjoyed our trip to Costa Rica. We saw volcanos--one active--and flora and of course the fauna. Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hi Meghan --- Very nice account of your visit to Germany! I recognized some of the places you visited in Berlin. Grandma and I spent a few hours in the Pergoman Museum, too. I think I'm going to try and learn how to create a blog.
Grandpa