Saturday, September 6, 2008

Busy as a Little Bee

Okay, just because I haven't had time for blogging lately doesn't mean that I haven't been doing anything with my apartment. I've actually gotten a lot done in the last two weeks! Where to start?

Oh, yes. I got a great frame for my "Starfish" picture. After a diasterous attempt to hang it on my dorm room wall junior year of college, the previous frame was literally in pieces. I took the picture when I was 14 on a class trip to look at the tide pools in Homer, Alaska. I would like to try hanging it on the wall in my bedroom, but I'm kind of nervous. That misadventure will probably merit a blog post all its own.

Here are some pictures I did manage to hang. I was having a hard time figuring out what to do with this bizarre corner in my kitchen, it's kind of dead space. I was also having a hard time deciding where to put my "Virginia" pictures. And what do you know - the two problems came to together to form a solution! I think they look really cool above my sink. And because I just used matting, not frames, I was able to hang them with just wall stickies.
I also finally re-covered my bulletin board for my work desk. I decided to go with the green fabric, but I might try out the brown later too. Instead of trying to take the frame off the board to wrap the fabric around the cork, I took the lazy way out and just superglued it down. Unfortunately, (as I knew it would) this left some superglue seep-through on parts of the fabric. To cover this up, I bought some fake flowers and put them in clusters in places where the glue stains were particularly noticeable. Overall, I think it looks really cute and definitely matches better than the Paris pictures. Please also note the Crate & Barrel soap dish that I am using to hold my paper clips.
Believe it or not, I've done more, but I think I'll have to talk about it later. Oh, one more thing. I had to attend a tech trade show Friday morning for work. (Does CEDIA mean anything to anyone? No? Okay.) Instead of trying to fight rush hour traffic and then trying find a parking spot downtown, I decided the sensible thing to do would be to ride the Lightrail. For someone who gets lost as often as I do, the thought of taking a 45-minute train ride to downtown Denver and back all by myself was terrifying. But I loved it! As I sat there enjoying the ride and catching up on Project Rungay on my Crackberry, I felt very much the sophisticated city gal. I'm not sure a sophisticated city gal would take a picture of waiting at the station, but give me a break - this is all new and exciting!

No comments: