Sunday, June 1, 2008

How much more fab can it get?

When I first picked out my new, fabulous apartment in Denver, I was stressed about furniture. Both paying for it and picking it out. Probably even more picking it out than paying for it. That's because I know what I like, but I was pretty sure I would have a hard time finding stuff that I liked that I could afford. I did know that I would probably want to get some furniture that was similar to the pieces in my mother's house. That sounds kind of lame, but my mom is actually a pretty good decorator and we have similar tastes.

Well, my prayers were answered. My mom is moving to the Azores in August, so she is letting me take her furniture! I won't be able to take a lot of it because I have considerably less space, but I am very excited about what I am taking. Some of the pieces, like the antiques, I'll just be holding until she moves back to the States, but that's okay. I'll certainly enjoy it for the time I have it. The furniture includes:
  • Loveseat
  • Leather chairs
  • TV and stand
  • Wine rack
  • Antique hutch with mirror on back
  • Antique spinning wheel
  • Living room end-table
  • Bookshelf
  • Telephone stand
  • Butterfly chair and footstool

I wish that I had a better picture of my mom's house, but this was the only one I had on my camera (I took it over holiday break of the beautiful Christmas tree I personally decorated). I probably won't be taking any of the furniture in the picture, but gives you an idea of the theme of the decorating. Sadly, I have to wait until the middle of July to get it (....and I'm moving in next week). So it's probably going to look like a crack-head lives there for a month or so. The fabulousness of my apartment is going to take a hit when the only furniture in it is an Aero bed and an old futon. But it's a small price to pay for getting great furniture for free. Thanks Mommy!

No comments: